Delivering Reliable Electrical Performance and Charging Power Capabilities for Electric Vehicles
C&M Corporation designs and manufactures cable and cable assemblies for use with standard and high amperage electric vehicle (EV) charging stations. Our EV products are engineered to survive in uncommonly harsh environments and applications where performance on demand is critical.
C&M Solutions are Compatible for Use in a Wide Range of EV Applications:
- Home electric vehicles
- Public charging stations
- Battery electric vehicles
- Electric fleet trucks
- Military vehicles
- Hybrid vehicles
- Low-speed vehicles
- Electric motorcycles
- Plug-in hybrid electric vehicles
- Neighborhood electric vehicles
- Zero emission vehicles
Customized Solutions to Meet Your EV Charging and Regulatory Requirements
- C&M EV cables and connector assemblies are designed for indoor and outdoor applications meeting -40°C cold impact per UL-62 / CSA C22.2 No. 49.
- C&M EVE cable assemblies are engineered to meet and exceed SAE-J1772, UL-62 / CSA C22.2 No. 49, UL-2251 and UL-2594, along with NEC Article 400, and NEC 625.
- C&M EVE cable is compatible with SAE J1772 EV plugs, Level One 120 V charging units and Level Two 240 V charging units.
We also offer a full line of private-label custom cable assemblies.
C&M Eve Cable Construction
Soft drawn, Class K, Bare copper per ASTM B3, B172 & B174. And all other stranding of Tinned or Bare copper configurations and classes are available upon request.
INSULATION & JACKET
- UL Type EVE, EVJE and EVT (TPE) - Thermoplastic Elastomer (TPE) per UL 62/CSA C22.2 No. 49.
- UL Type EVJ and EVJT (PVC) - Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) Per UL 62/CSA C22.2 No. 49.
- Polyurethane Jacketed Cables available upon request (Urethane EV Cable).
- 600 Volt UL Type EVE & EVT (2 or more conductors 18 AWG thru 2 AWG).
- 300 Volt UL Type EVJ, EVJE & EVJT (2-6 conductors; 18 AWG thru 12 AWG).
- Operating temperature range -50°C TO +105°C Dry 60°C wet.
- Sun light resistance and oil resistance.
- Flame rating FT-1 and FT-2.
- oHS compliant.
- All constructions can include power-limited data, signal and communications conductors and fiber optics.
- EVE cables are available in in all colors
- Capability to provide coil cord as well as completed assemblies
- Can produce EVE cables with polyurethane jackets
Let Our Results Speak for Themselves
C&M’s EV cable and cable assemblies are designed to ensure for maximum functionality and reliability in the harshest of operating environments. Our solutions have undergone extensive cold -40°C impact testing per UL-62/CSA C22.2 No. 49 — the standard requires 8 out of 10 samples must pass the assessment. C&M’s cable passed 10 out of 10 samples, an achievement that many competitors have struggled to obtain.